THE THOMAS WARBURTON TIMELINE OF MAJOR EVENTS

1858 Company Started in Bourke Street, Melbourne, Australia by Thomas & Martha Warburton

1867 Branch Office Opened in Levuka, Fiji by Thomas Warburton

1871 Passing of Thomas Warburton Age 41 – Murdered during an uprising on his return journey to Melb. from Fiji

1868 – 1877 Business Continues run by Martha Warburton

1896 Passing of Martha Warburton Age 67

1888 – 1897 Business Continues Purchased from her estate by her two sons, Thomas William & Alfred Warburton

1908 Passing of Thomas W. Warburton (General Manager)

1908 – 1917 Business Continues with Alfred Warburton as General Manager

1944 Passing of Alfred Warburton (General Manager)

1938 – 1947 Business Continues with Alfred Warburton’s second son, Tom Warburton, as General Manager

1950 Passing of Tom Warburton (General Manager)

1948 – 1957 Business Continues passed onto Lynette Swan (nee Warburton), Chairman of the Company

1964 Change of Management Adrian Swan (Lynette Warburton’s Husband) Manager Director

1965 Company Moved from Bourke Street to 40 Kavanagh Street, South Melbourne, Victoria

1973 Joint Venture Formed with Holokrome America

1977 Computerized Records Installed 65,000 items transferred

1987 Adrian Swan Retires Peter Swan (Adrian’s Son) appointed as new Managing Director

1992 Accreditation under the Australian Standards AS/NZS ISO 9002:2004 Quality System

1993 Eltham Branch Opens

1993 Joint Venture Formed with Bairnsdale Bolts and Screws & Bairnsdale Bearings

1996 Purchase of Companies Andrew Gault (Ballarat & Carnegie) & Kinik (Carnegie)

1998 Head Office Relocates from South Melbourne to Dunlop Road Mulgrave, Australia

1998 Purchase of Company Seward Nominees Kilsyth Australia then trading as Thomas Warburton

1999 Andrew Gault & Kinik Move Re-locate to Mulgrave Office

1999 Ballarat Name Change & Re-located to location in Alfredton

1999 Sunshine Branch Opens located on Somerville Road

2002 Eltham Branch Relocates closed and moved to Campbellfield & Kilsyth Branch relocated

2003 Thomas Warburton Acquired Purchased by Würth International GmbH, Germany in June 2003

2005 Dandenong Branch Opens located on Gippsland Highway

2011 EDL Fasteners located in Eastern Creek, NSW, Coopers Plains, QLD and Thomastown, VIC merged with Thomas Warburton

2011 Thomastown, VIC Branch merged with Campbellfield, VIC Branch

2012 Eastern Creek, NSW Branch relocated to Campbelltown, New South Wales

2012 Additional EDL Fasteners Branch Acquired located in Coopers Plains, Queensland

2015 Head Office Relocates from Mulgrave to 481 Frankston Dandenong Road, Dandenong South, Victoria

> Return to History